With tomorrow being Cinco de Mayo I figured now would be a fun time to whip up my fajita burgers and share them with you! Fajitas are a regular around here and get devoured on spot. They are so easy and so flavorful, and the time factor is a huge bonus for busy moms. We love a good grass-fed burger around here but still do not have a grill. If you are like us no worries, these can be done in the oven with minimal cleanup! I usually pair them with sweet potato fries, done in the air fryer to shed some time, and always a batch of my two-minute guacamole to seal the deal! One question I get asked often is what Air Fryer I have, so I have linked it at the bottom of this post for you guys, also linked on Kitchen Gadgets tab! When it comes to buns, we decide to leave them off since there are rarely clean bun options at the grocery store. Typically the ones from the deli are the worst, containing a laundry list of ingredients on the back, and bread is also very filling too. I want to enjoy every bite of this savory burger smothered with peppers and onions so I put ours on top of a slice of sourdough bread and it was perfection! Hope you all enjoy this dish as much as we do. Happy Cinco de Mayo y’all!
3o Minute Fajita Burgers, Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries, & Two-Minute Guacamole
- 1 lb grass-fed beef
- 2 bell peppers(red & green), thinly sliced.
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp pink salt, 1/4 tsp each onion & garlic powder. Pepper to taste.
- Raw monterey jack cheese
Air fryer Sweet Potato Fries:
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced like fries.
- 1/2 tsp avocado oil
- dash of chili powder
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1-2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Pink salt to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line small baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper. Mix together ground beef & all seasonings. Form into burger size patties(I do mini for the girls). Place onto parchment paper and cook in oven for 25 minutes. Top with cheese and place back into oven for a couple of minutes until cheese is melted.
2. Next get the sweet potato fries going, you will want to have them all cut into french free style strips ahead of time. I do this before making the beef patties. Toss all fries in large bowl with 1/2-1 tsp avocado oil, and a couple of dashes of chili powder, until all fries are evenly coated. Dump all into air fryer tray, and cook on 360 for 15 minutes. When first 15 minute time period is up, remove tray and give them a good shake. Place back into cooker and cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tbsp avocado oil in skillet(I use cast iron- linked below) and sauté peppers and onions until nice and cooked down. I start on medium heat to get going and then reduce to low-medium. This usually takes the amount of time the burgers take to cook.
4. Lastly while everything is cooking and on its way to being ready, prepare the guac. Mix avocado by pressing with a fork to get the consistency you desire. Mix in all other ingredients.
5. To assemble burgers: start from bottom with 1 piece of toast (optional), spread on guacamole(*if skipping bread just place guac on top of burger), next burger & cheese patty, and lastly layer lots of peppers & onions. It gets a little messy but it’s so worth it! Serve with fries, enjoy!