So excited to finally share this delicious recipe of what’s going to be your new favorite weekend breakfast treat! Think cinnamon roll + sticky bun cake but no dough making, crazy baking time, and most importantly no sugar hangover! A little backstory and inspiration behind this recipe – my sweet friend who is an amazing cook “healthified” her Grandmothers classic recipe for monkey bread. She brought me a piece the next day and I was hooked! I tested a couple of times on my own and adjusted to suit my preferences so now I can share with you all. I love this version because no bundt pan required(something I don’t have) & saves so much time using pre-made biscuits(yes, I really said pre-made biscuits!). I hope you all enjoy this sweet re-created breakfast treat as much as my family does! Take this to your next brunch gathering and it will for sure to be the star of the table. 🤩
30 Minute Loaf Pan Monkey Bread
- 1 canister of organic flaky biscuits(to avoid icky ingredients I strongly recommend using organic here-I’m using Annie’s Home Grown)
- 2-3 tbsp organic coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided.
- 5 tbsp melted grass-fed butter
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take 1 gallon size ziplock bag and throw in coconut sugar and 1 tsp ground cinnamon. Open biscuit dough and cut into bite size 1” pieces and place all into bag.
- Shake very well until all biscuit pieces are evenly coated(my kids love to do this part!)
- Line a standard bread loaf pan with parchment paper, or alternatively you can grease really well with coconut oil. Dump all biscuit mixture in and set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat the butter, maple syrup, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, and chia seeds until melted and all combined- about 2-3 minutes total.
- Pour entire butter & syrup mixture over the biscuits, trying to coat them evenly. Put in oven and bake roughly 30 minutes.
- When removed from oven take entire bread loaf pan and dump on plate so all the butter & syrup mixture runs down, making everything all gooey and delicious. *It’s really important to do this step as soon as it comes out of the oven hot.