Who else loves pizza night?! Take-out pizza was one of the very first foods we ditched and opted to start making our own, fresh at home. If you have been following me for awhile you probably know how much I love making our own dough from scratch. Sometimes though the day can slip away from you leaving you with no time to make homemade dough, or maybe it’s just not your thing anyways. Either way I have the perfect solution for when you want a healthier, homemade pizza with minimal effort! One of my favorite factors is you can customize for each family member, pretty cool right?! Hope you guys enjoy this one, it is a fun one for kids to help throw together too!
- (2) 12 oz Italian style ready to bake loaves (I am using the Organic Rustic Italian Style from my local grocery store bakery)
- 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup all purpose marinara sauce
- 1 heaping cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Desired toppings: Ideas – turkey pepperonis, sausages, bell pepper, onion, mushroom, spinach, basil, tomatoes, black olives, banana peppers. Whatever your favorites are!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Turn broiler on high on oven.
- Slice each loaf in half length wise and lay flat on to baking sheet. Baste each loaf with olive oil. Top with marinara sauce, then cheese, then toppings.
- Cook on broiler for roughly 5 minutes, checking every couple of minutes. Each oven varies on temperature and cook time and you don’t want them to burn. Remove when they look done and edges have a crispy look.
- Slice into pieces and enjoy!