Taking a healthy spin on some good ‘ol kid friendly chicken tenders. These are loaded with nutrients and your littles will never know, yay! These are also one of my husbands’ favorites and most requested meal. I seriously feel like I am winning when I can please all 4 family members with one meal and it is such an easy one too. Pair it with some organic green peas, homemade sweet potato fries/french fries, or even my Healthier Homemade Corn Casserole from the blog. And be sure to whip up the simple homemade honey mustard sauce to seal the deal, recipe below! If you make this recipe please share and tag me on social media. I would really love to know if your kiddos approved of this one! Enjoy.
Almond, Cashew, Chia Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs organic boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 pasture eggs + 1 tbsp water or milk, whisked
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 garlic powder
- *optional seasonings- 1 tsp italian seasoning or 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning (could do 1 tsp for a real kick!)
- In a food processor or blender combine almonds, cashews, flax, chia seeds, & seasonings. Blend until crumbly and all combined. Place mixture in small flat dish(or large flat dinner plate).
- In another shallow dish with sides, combine whisked eggs and liquid.
- Take all chicken tenders and dip into egg mixture. I cut them in half for little hands. Then dip each one into crumb mixture. *Tip- I always have one designated dry hand and one wet hand so it doesn’t get super sticky.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture all over individual tender until evenly coated. Repeat process with all tenders.
- If using an Air Fryer (mine is linked below), place tenders in basket making sure not to over crowd. I can usually fit 1/2 of the tenders in one basket. Cook in Air Fryer for 7 minutes on highest setting(mine is 390), flipping them on opposite side at the end of 7 minutes. Cook another 7 minutes. Total of 14 minutes cook time. Double check with thermometer to ensure they are completely cooked through. Repeat process with second batch.
- Alternatively you can cook/fry in cast iron skillet with a little avocado oil. Or my other favorite way is simply bake in the oven on unbleached parchment paper for no mess and easy clean up! About 35 minutes on 350, or until completely cooked through.
Two-Ingredient Honey Mustard Sauce for Dipping!
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 2-3 tbsp mustard
- Combine equal parts honey to equal parts mustard. Double the recipe if needed depending how much you want! * To make honey mustard dressing just add olive or avocado oil to reach your desired dressing consistency!
Shop This Recipe