Fall is quickly approaching and that means apples are in season! Eating seasonally fresh fruits(and vegetables) is a great way to get the most nutrients out of your produce. These apple-cinnamon bites are nothing short of flavor and they are so incredibly easy to make. I love this recipe because minimal prep time is required and also all you need is a grater (mine is linked below and I use it weekly, especially for raw cheese bars and grating up vegetables into baked goods). These would be perfect after-school snacks, quick grab and go’s for breakfast, snack time/packed in lunch boxes, or even a little special treat after dinner if your kiddos did a good job. They are loaded with nutrients while tasting super yummy to little taste buds. I hope you enjoy this one while apples are in season!
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter(or nut butter of choice)
- 3/4 cup fresh Granny Smith apple, grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 raw honey
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, stir all ingredients together until completely combined.
- Let chill in fridge for 30 minutes to firm up and make easier to roll.
- Remove from fridge, roll into 1-inch balls *I use a cookie scoop for this!
- Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.