This cooler weather here in Tennessee is bringing out all the fall baked goods! I wanted to share some of our fall family favorites that are easy, delicious, and super kid-friendly. These aren’t your grandmother’s typical baked apples – that were most likely cooked in hydrogenated oils, refined brown sugars, and loads of butter. These are so much healthier and less processed and don’t worry, the flavor is still all there! Not to mention sweet potatoes are loaded in nutrients and essential vitamins. I love to serve them family-style on a large platter in the middle of the table so everyone can dig in themselves! I hope you give these a try and I hope they are a staple side dish for your family throughout this season! PS- this would be the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving!
Baked Maple Cinnamon Apples And Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & diced. About 4 cups.
- 2 cups apples, diced. (you can peel skin if preferred but my kids don’t mind it with).
- 1 tbsp lemon juice* optional but love the flavor.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened.
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- dash of ground clove ~ 1/8 tsp
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place diced potatoes and apples together in baking dish.
- Mix wet ingredients and spices in small bowl until all combined. Pour into baking dish and toss potatoes and apples until evenly coated.
- Bake in oven four one hour or just under, stirring mixture about 4 times throughout baking time.
- Dish will be ready when all is cooked through and the liquid turns to a more caramelized state.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a platter to serve family style if desired!