Best Ever BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 3 cups flour(can use whole wheat or all purpose white, or a mixture of both- mine linked below)
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tsp active yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Put 3 cups flour into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Measure 1 cup warm water, add yeast and mix until dissolved. Let it sit on counter until foamy at the top, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and olive oil to the water and yeast, stir. Slowly add the wet mixture to the flour.
- Mix until all combined, add 1 tsp warm water at a time if more is needed.
- If not using a Kitchenaid mixer, just knead by hand on a flat surface.
- Roll into one large ball, then break into two smaller balls. Put balls back into bowl together, drizzle with a small amount of olive oil.
- Set in a warm place(counter top or I put mine in my microwave-obviously not on) with a towel over bowl. Let dough rise until doubled in size, usually about 2 hours. This can also be done the night before, just wrap dough loosely in saran wrap and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce(I use the recipe from my 100 Days of Real Food Cookbook) If buying store bought I recommend organic!
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced.
- 1 organic bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup seasoned shredded chicken(I use chicken from my whole chicken-saves so much time!)
To season chicken:
Add 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 onion powder, 1/2 pink salt. Mix until all chicken is coated.
- Roll out first ball of dough onto flour surface and roll with a rolling pin until thin. We use a 13×13” pizza baking stone and it covers the entire stone.
- Spread BBQ sauce evenly onto dough, next add the cheese, seasoned chicken, and vegetables.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20-22 (maybe even 25 depending on your stove) minutes, checking halfway through.
- Save the other pizza dough for the next day or use it to make another pizza. If making 2 BBQ chicken pizzas just double this recipe!