You know what they say, pregnancy cravings are the real deal you guys! The other night those Little Debbie cosmic brownies popped into my head and they just weren’t leaving until I satisfied that craving. Of course, I did not eat the packaged and highly processed version but thought it would be the perfect opportunity to create a fun and healthy version here at home! I had several ripe avocados laying around so they made the perfect base for this easy and delicious brownie recipe. These are such a fun treat to whip up and even my husband who isn’t a huge avocado fan(sad, right?!) completely approved of them! The addition of dye-free sprinkles makes them even more fun and look similar to the original cosmic brownies I was going for. The chocolate avocado frosting will be a staple for us going forward too, it is so yummy! I hope you guys enjoy these as much as we did!
- 4 ounces chocolate chips + 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (could go up to 1/2 cup if desired)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (linked below)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a smaller size(roughly 8×8) baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small sauce pan, or microwave if you choose. It only takes about 30 seconds. This step makes the brownies super fudgey!
- In a food processor, or blender, combine rest of ingredients and blend until all ingredients are evenly combined and there are no avocado clumps.
- Stir in melted chocolate mixture and pour into lined baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. You can bake longer but it will turn more cake like instead of fudgey.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool before adding frosting.
Chocolate Avocado Frosting
- 1 large ripe avocado or 2 small
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted.
Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender until evenly combined and creamy.