You guys this corn casserole is everything and I am so excited to bring you an updated and much healthier version! This was gobbled up by the girls (4 and 2-year-old), myself, and my husband! So that should tell you what we thought about it, right? We are right in the peak season of sweet corn here in Middle Tennessee so I am bringing it to you in time to use up that fresh corn. Alternatively, when fresh corn is not available you could use canned corn (I do always recommend organic). I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we have and it would pair so nicely with my Almond, Cashew, Chia chicken tenders also here on the blog! Share this recipe with family and friends and enjoy!
Healthier Homemade Corn Casserole
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, or half and half, or milk
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 15 oz organic canned sweet corn kernels, drained (or 3-4 ears fresh corn is what I prefer during corn season!)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour, or sprouted spelt flour
- 1/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a pie dish or baking dish in similar size with a little oil (about a teaspoon).
- Whisk all wet ingredients together- egg, yogurt, cream, oil, butter, honey, in bowl or mixer. In a separate bowl whisk all dry ingredients together – flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt, pepper.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry. Fold in corn kernels. Pour mixture into pie dish.
- Bake for roughly 45 minutes, or until the top is nice and golden brown. Make sure to give it a little shake (It shouldn’t jiggle too much in the middle when ready). Enjoy!