Honey Mustard Chicken Avocado Salad
Adapted from Cafedelites
Honey Mustard dressing/marinade Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 3 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1-2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar( I do 2 but start with 1 and add more if preferred)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Pink salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb organic boneless chicken tenders
*Marinate chicken tenders prior to cooking, minimum of 2 hours preferably. *I am using my Food Saver quick marinator which can marinate in 12 minutes. I use it often for meat, fish, and vegetables! (linked below & on kitchen essentials tab)
- 3 heads organic romaine lettuce (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (*I roast mine in the oven beforehand, see how below)
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced.
- *Optional toppings : bacon, corn, sprouts, black beans. Whatever you like!
- When chicken is finished marinating, heat a cast iron skillet (or regular skillet but I love the charred look from using cast iron or you could even grill them!) on medium heat, and place all chicken tenders in skillet along with all marinade from dish. All chicken tenders should be coated with marinade in the skillet.
- Cook chicken tenders on one side for about 7 minutes, and then flip over and cook until finished about another 5 minutes. Don’t fret if they are starting to look “burned” that’s the look you are going for.
- Remove from skillet when chicken if fully cooked and place on assembled salad, cut into strips, drizzle with remaining 1/3 cup honey mustard dressing.
To Roast Tomatoes:
- This step is completely optional. I roast the tomatoes in oven because that is how my family prefers them. Heat oven to 425 degrees, line small baking dish with parchment paper, slice tomatoes length wise, top with pink salt & pepper and roast for about 10 minutes until super soft.