I am all about cooking once and eating twice, or even three times if lucky! These breakfast quesadillas are perfect for meal prepping and make for a quick grab and go for breakfast. The possibilities are endless as these are completely customizable to your taste buds and dietary needs. I hope you love them as much as we have been lately!
- 1 pack tortillas (using these)
- 1 8oz pack diced ham (look for no preservatives, antibiotic & hormone free, no nitrates or nitrites)
- 6 eggs , scrambled (pasture raised recommended)
- 1 small white onion, diced.
- 1/2 C- 3/4 Cup mixed veggies – mushrooms, zucchini, spinach, bell pepper, tomato, kale. Whichever your favorite combination is!
- 6 oz shredded or freshly grated cheese – cheddar or mexican blend.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 400, line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size skillet, add 1 tbsp avocado oil on medium heat. Add in onion and vegetables, cook for 3-4 minutes. Add in entire pack diced ham and stir for 5 more minutes.
- Move all mixture to one side of skillet, pour in 1 more tbsp avocado oil on other side. Pour in egg mixture and scramble until cooked through.
- Combine vegetable/ham mixture with eggs, set aside.
- To assemble quesadillas – Place tortilla flat on parchment paper, add a large scoop of egg mixture to half of tortilla in even layer. Sprinkle with cheese on top. Fold other half of tortilla on top. Repeat until all tortillas are full.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let cool slightly before storing if not eating right away.
- Slice into thirds, wrap in foil, and keep in fridge up to three days! Can rewarm in oven on 300 degrees for 10 minutes, then double wrap in foil to keep warm in lunchbox.