Boy oh boy do I have a mouth-watering recipe for you guys. Don’t let the title intimidate you, they are SO easy to make! I found this recipe on Pinterest(of course), and knew these would be a hit just by looking at the ingredients and pictures. I posted them in my stories on Instagram and got a ton of folks wanting to know more, so here ya go y’all! One follower even mentioned how perfect these would be for upcoming Valentine’s Day and I couldn’t agree more- my husband is obsessed with them. And I will add I made these yesterday and half of them are unapologetically gone, whoops. Even though this isn’t my original recipe I wanted to share because it’s the perfect sweet treat and as always, no refined sugar! Let me know what y’all think xoxo
Peanut Butter Caramel Truffles
Original Recipe courtesy of Blissful Basil
- 2 cups pitted and packed sticky medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract(linked below)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine pink salt(linked below)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs(linked below)
Peanut Butter Layer
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil(linked below)
- 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 3oz dark chocolate bar(I use this)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Add all dates to food processor and pulse until mixture is smooth and creamy. These will most likely ball up so just break up a little before adding next ingredients. Add in the peanut butter, vanilla, and salt and process for roughly 30 seconds. Lastly add in the cacao nibs and pulse until all is combined evenly.
- Leave in the food processor and chill the truffle mixture in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line a small sheet pan with parchment paper. Melt peanut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup in small saucepan until creamy and mixed evenly. Won’t take long at all.
- Take truffle mixture out of freezer and make little balls about the size of a tablespoon. Make a small indention with your thumb on the top of the ball, making a little hole for the peanut butter mixture. Drop a little of the peanut mixture(about a tsp each) into each truffle. Place in freezer again for 5 minutes to firm up.
- Prepare the chocolate coating by taking dark chocolate bar, I use Endangered Species 72%, and coconut oil and melt on low til smooth. Immediately take the truffles out of freezer and coat on the chocolate shell coating. If you have any remaining crumbs from the truffle mixture, sprinkle on top! Place back into freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
- Take out and store in glass containers either in the fridge or freezer. Heads up, once taken out the chocolate melts quickly! Enjoy!