I am all about getting greens in wherever and whenever possible! These muffins are the perfect outlet to do so. They are easy to whip up, only one kitchen tool needed(my favorite blender is linked at the bottom) and make for the perfect healthy snack, or even breakfast. Drizzle with melted chocolate to make them more appealing, or top with mini chocolate chips! Also I have the cutest little book about spinach, I will link that at the bottom as well. PS- these would be so fun for Halloween!
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce(1 individual pack)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C pure maple syrup
- 2 heaping cups fresh spinach
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour, or sprouted spelt flour.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- Blend together all wet ingredients + spinach and banana until all spinach is pureed.
- Add in flour, baking powder and soda, and pink salt. Blend together until evenly combined, trying not to over mix. May have to scrape down sides a little.
- Divide into 12 muffin liners or make mini muffins. Bake on 350 for 15 minutes(10 min for mini size), set aside and let cool completely.
Optional chocolate icing :
Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips + 1 tsp coconut oil on stove top, or microwave if you choose in safe bowl on 20 seconds. Alternatively you can just sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top before baking.
shop this recipe