These pineapple carrot muffins are a new house favorite and come together so quickly! They are perfect for little hands or can be made into regular size. These would be a hit to take to any brunch gathering or whenever you feel like taking something homemade to someone! Make them on the weekend to have on hand for the busy week ahead. I hope you love these as much as we do!
Whole Wheat Pineapple Carrot Muffins
- 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 8oz canned crushed pineapple(drain 1/2) *always looks for in 100% pineapple juice, NOT heavy syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes, optional
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda and powder, cinnamon, salt – set aside. In a medium size mixing bowl(or standing mixer) combine wet ingredients + carrots and mix well. Slowly add in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Place into silicone muffin liners and bake for 15 minutes for mini size or 20 minutes for regular size. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top before baking if desired.
- Remove from oven when toothpick comes out clean and set aside to cool on rack. *If you want these to last for 5 days then they will need to be refrigerated. Ours never last that long around here hehe!